Army General Staff Identification Badge
The Army General Staff Identification Badge was approved for use on July 28, 1933 and later announced on August 23, 1933. The badge is worn by officers assigned to the Army General Staff for at least one year, and to certain positions at Army Headquarters. Civilians with at least one year of service can wear a lapel button featuring this design. In 1982 the name of this badge was changed to Army Staff Identification Badge.
This badge can be seen on the coat pockets of the officers (with the exception of General Marshall) in the War Department scenes.